Provides health care, outreach and case management services to Native Hawaiians on the Island of O`ahu. Under the direction of the Licensed Clinical Social Worker, the Registered Dietitian carries out functions within culturally appropriate service delivery programs in the community that include: identify barriers to health care; identification of client health care service requirements; client referral to appropriate services; client follow-up and evaluation; assisting with health education/promotion activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsel individuals and groups on nutritional practices to prevent disease and promote good health.
- Evaluate individual needs, develop nutritional care plans, and instruct individuals, groups and their families.
- Provide instruction on grocery shopping and food preparation.
- Perform nutrition screenings and consult on diet-related concerns such as weight loss or cholesterol reduction.
- Responsible for case management of clients relating to their nutritional needs.
- Provide education on menu development, budgeting and planning.
- Performs nutritional activities as required for assessments and screenings under the supervision/direction of the Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Coordinates with the community outreach and fitness trainers on nutrition programs.
- Provide services island wide, targeting clients of Ke Ola Mamo.
- Conducts home assessments as directed by the Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Maintains client records for completeness, accuracy, and closure in conjunction with the case management team.
- Assists the Licensed Clinical Social Worker in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs to improve wellness for Native Hawaiians.
- Responsible for monitoring progress toward grant objectives.
- Answers telephone and provides copies as required.
- Contributes to monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Indoors and outdoors, under a variety of conditions in the community.
Normally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required; dependent on position duties and responsibilities.